Timothy P. Brynteson
Tim, a golfer and amateur chef, is not your average tax attorney. He is a business pro, having previously managed a large Ford dealership in Greeley, Colorado. Tim represents individuals and families in estate planning matters, including business succession planning. He also routinely advises businesses on general business matters, and can provide representation in tax controversies.
Tim graduated in 1991 from the University of Colorado School of Law in Boulder, Colorado. During law school, he clerked with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division and after graduation went to work for the Office of District Counsel, Internal Revenue Service. He was responsible for trying cases in front of the Tax Court, advising the IRS on tax law and collection matters, and was appointed as Special Assistant United States Attorney to represent the IRS in Bankruptcy Court.
In 1995, Tim left the practice of law to join his father-in-law in a third generation family Ford dealership in Greeley, Colorado. He managed and was part owner of the company for 12 years, guiding the dealership to tremendous growth and working with the family’s succession plan. In 2007, the family decided to take an offer to sell the company allowing Tim to take his family business experience back to a law practice. With his background in tax controversies and business, Tim’s practice emphasizes on business transactions, real estate, business succession planning, estate planning, probate administration, and tax controversies. Tim’s experience in business provides a unique perspective on the issues that face business owners, from transactions and local regulations, to succession and estate planning.
Tim has also been active in community organizations serving on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board for the City of Greeley and is on the Boards of Community Radio for Northern Colorado (KUNC) and the Northern Colorado Medical Center Foundation.
Contact Tim Brynteson: email@example.com
- The Importance of Operating Agreements, BizWest Thought Leader column, June 2019.
- Covenants Not to Compete in Colorado, BizWest Thought Leader column, February 2019.
- Amendment 74, BizWest Thought Leader column, November 2018.
- Revocable Living Trusts for Second Homes, BizWest Thought Leader column, July 2018.
- Is your property titled correctly? BizWest Thought Leader column, October 2016.
- Considering options for your home if you are worried about long-term care, August 23rd, 2016.
- Trust – Probate, May 6th, 2015.