Timothy R. Odil
A former law clerk for the Weld County Courts, Tim is a member of our litigation team. His practice focuses on disputes among private parties as well as disputes with local, state, or federal government agencies. He handles complex commercial litigation and appeals; government and commercial contract negotiation and disputes; regulatory compliance, licensing, and rulemaking issues; and employment law matters.
Tim received his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University and his law degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he was a member of the National Moot Court Traveling Team and the Transportation Law Journal.
Formerly with McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP in Denver where he practiced for eight years, Tim is licensed to practice law in Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the Districts of Colorado and the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Tenth, and D.C. Circuits.
He is a member of the Colorado Bar Association and a former board member of Rebuilding Together Metro Denver. Tim was recognized in December 2014 as a Lawyer of the Year by Law Week Colorado. Mr. Odil was voted one of Business Connect’s Top 20 Under 40 which recognizes the top business performers younger than 40 in Weld County.
Tim’s published cases include:
- High Plains Library District v. Kirkmeyer, et al., 2015 COA 91 (Colo.App.2015)
- Gagne v. Gagne, 2014 COA 127 (Colo.App. 2014)
- Colo. Mining Ass’n v. Bd. of County Comm’rs of Summit County, 199 P.3d 718 (Colo. 2009), rev’g 170 P.3d 749 (Colo. App. 2007)
- American Ordnance LLC v. United States, 83 Fed. Cl. 559 (2008)
- Sw. Multi-Craft Health & Welfare Trust Fund v. IAP World Servs. Corp., No. 1:07-cv-0337 MCA/ACT, 2008 WL 5573072 (D.N.M. August 28, 2008)
Contact Timothy R. Odil: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Watch Timothy R. Odil in Action Click on the Following Link to see the Archived Oral Argument
14CA0997 High Plains v. Kirkmeyer – May 26, 2015