Otis, Bedingfield & Peters, LLC routinely handles appellate work for matters on which we served as trial counsel, including interlocutory appeals and appeals following trial or disposition. We are also sought out to handle appeals for matters on which we did not handle the underlying trial work because of our experience in the appellate courts and our knowledge of real estate law and business law. Many clients make the mistake of thinking a lawyer who does trial work is equipped to handle an appeal, but this is not usually the case. Appellate cases involve a different set of rules and practices that often stand in stark contrast to trial work. Knowledge and experience representing clients in the appellate courts is a key factor in obtaining a successful outcome on appeal. We have that knowledge and experience. Our experienced Colorado appellate attorneys are well equipped to help you evaluate whether to appeal a case, to explain the appellate process and help you prepare a winning strategy for your appeal, and to work with you to obtain a successful outcome in the appellate court.
Our published cases include:
- High Plains Library District v. Kirkmeyer, et al., 2015 COA 91 (Colo.App.2015)
- Gagne v. Gagne, 2014 COA 127 (Colo.App. 2014)
- Munoz v. Measner, 247 P.3d 1031 (Colo. 2011)
- Lake Canal Reservoir Company v. Beethe, 227 P.3d 882 (Colo. 2010)
- Bolinger v. Neal, 259 P.3d 1259 (Colo.App. 2010)
- Munoz v. Measner, 214 P.3d 510 (Colo.App. 2009)
- Moody v. Great Western Railway of Colorado, 536 F.3d 1158 (10th Cir. 2008)
- Spalsbury v. Sisson, 250 Fed.Appx. 238 (10th Cir. 2007) (not selected for publication in the Federal Reporter)
- Colo. Mining Ass’n v. Bd. of County Comm’rs of Summit County, 199 P.3d 718 (Colo. 2009), rev’g 170 P.3d 749 (Colo. App. 2007).
- American Ordnance LLC v. United States, 83 Fed. Cl. 559 (2008)
- Sw. Multi-Craft Health & Welfare Trust Fund v. IAP World Servs. Corp., No. 1:07-cv-0337 MCA/ACT, 2008 WL 5573072 (D.N.M. August 28, 2008)
To Watch Archived Oral Arguments Click the Links Below:
14CA2524 Rich v. Ball Ranch – March 22, 2016
15CA0157 Wang v. LJA Holding – January 12, 2016
14CA0997 High Plains v. Kirkmeyer – May 26, 2015
Appeals of All Types
We also handle municipal and administrative appeals, including those involving land use decisions and other regulatory matters.